Light up the City is a city-wide fireworks show celebrating our Centennial. Five international-scale firework displays occur at the same time around the city, making it the largest and most sophisticated firework event ever produced in Canada.
All Calgarians have the opportunity to participate in this free, fun, family-friendly event.
Light Up The City presented by TransAlta.
Six Nights. Five Locations.
Light up the City will take place on both weekends of the Calgary Stampede - Friday, July 6; Saturday, July 7; Sunday, July 8; Friday, July 13; Saturday, July 14; and Sunday, July 15.
Fireworks will be set off from five locations across the city - Stampede Park, Elliston Park, North Glenmore Park, McCall Lake, and Winsport's Canada Olympic Park.
The 12-minute fireworks show will start between 11:00 and 11:30 pm and be synchronized to music. Tune into our media partners from Corus Entertainment - Country 105, Q107 or QR77 - to enjoy the show choreographed to music.
Calgary Stampede Showband & Band of Outriders
For the final weekend of Light Up the City, the World Marching Band Champion Calgary Stampede Showband and the Calgary Stampede Band of Outriders will be performing at viewing locations across the city:
Friday, July 13 - Showband @ Elliston Park / Band of Outriders @ South Glenmore Park
Saturday, July 14 - Showband @ WinSport's COP / Band of Outriders @ Heritage Park
Sunday, July 15 -Showband @ South Glenmore / Band of Outriders @ Elliston Park
Please note that all viewing locations are outdoor facilities. Please ensure you dress and prepare for the weather. All shuttles are school buses. All locations are grass seating, please bring blankets or festival seats for comfort. There are no bleachers or structured seating.
Open at 9:45 p.m. for public access
1. Shuttle buses from Deerfoot Mall. 14 buses will run from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. After the show, the buses will transport back to Deerfoot Mall (NW Parking lot). It is estimated to be 20 minutes round trip.
2. Calgary Transit bus routes #32, #72 and #73. calgarytransit.com
3. Handicap parking available at McCall Lake (approx. 100 stalls). Handi-bus can drop off but can not park on site.
1. Shuttle buses from Calgary Fire Training Site. The buses will run from 9:30 till 10:30 and back after the firework show. That parking is also close enough to walk from. This shuttle will drop guest off on the west side of Elliston Park.
2. Shuttle buses from Forest Lawn High School & Ernest Morrow Jr. HS. The buses will run from 9:30 till 10:30 and back after the firework show. This shuttle will drop guest off on the east side of Elliston Park. Just confirmed last week.
3. Local transit which are bus routes #45 www.calgarytransit.com
4. Handicap parking not available onsite at Elliston. Handi bus can drop off but can not park on site.
5. Residents of the community are recommended to walk
WinSport - Canada Olympic Park
1. Parking available onsite.
South Glenmore Park (North Glenmore fireworks)
1. Shuttle buses from Oakridge Co-op Parking Lot. The buses will run from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and transport back after the firework show.
2. Calgary Transit bus routes #79 & #80 calgarytransit.com
3. A limited number of handicap parking stalls are available onsite at South Glenmore. Handi-bus can drop off but can not park on site.
4. Residents of the community are recommended to walk.
Heritage Park (North Glenmore fireworks)
Plaza opens at 8:30 p.m. with live entertainment. Park opens at 8:30 p.m. for any guests.
1. Calgary Transit bus route #502 (from Heritage C-Train Station) calgarytransit.com
2. A limited number of handicap parking stalls are available onsite. Public Parking available for a fee of $5 per vehicle.
3. Residents of the community are recommended to walk.