2015 Western Legacy Awards
The eleventh annual Calgary Stampede Western Legacy Awards honoured two outstanding community builders, three inspiring individuals and one remarkable group based on their commitment to western heritage and values at the eleventh Western Legacy Awards.
- Chairman’s Award – M. Ann McCaig and Steve Snyder – Recognized for their vision, leadership and commitment as co-chairs of the Calgary Stampede Foundation We’re Greatest Together, capital campaign, the results of which are transforming Stampede Park with a lasting legacy by creating ENMAX Park, Youth Campus and the Agriculture Discovery Zone.
- Youth – Quinn Clark – Nominated for his thirst for volunteering, work with Calgary Urban Project Society (CUPS) and support to improve access to adequate and nutritious food with Quinn’s Challenge.
- Innovation – Brad Fisher – Nominated for creating a remarkable program to aid Calgary’s homeless community through spiritual healing experiences for individuals in distress.
- Sustained Contribution, Individual – Chuck Groeneveld – Nominated for his tireless commitment to agriculture for over 50 years in Southern Alberta to share the traditions and changes within the beef and agriculture industry.
- Sustained Contribution, Group – The Doorway – Nominated for being a bridge between the street and mainstream cultures for youth in community to learn and develop the tools to attain sustainable economic independence.
A special thank-you to Olson Silver Company, PSAV, Range Road Media, Shaw, Smithbilt Hats and Where Calgary Magazine for their support of the Western Legacy Awards.
Nominate Someone for 2016
Think you know someone who fits this description? Nominations are open for the 2016 Western Legacy Awards.
Download the form, select one of the four categories – Youth, Innovation, Sustained Contribution - Individual, and Sustained Contribution - Group, and email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit via fax to 403.265.7197.
For more information about criteria and how to submit, please review our Categories and Evaluation document. To view past Western Legacy Award recipients, click here.
Email completed form to email@example.com or submit via fax to 403.265.7197.
Western Legacy Awards are presented annually by the Western Legacy Committee of the Calgary Stampede to honour individuals and groups who have demonstrated significant achievement in promoting and preserving western values to create a better community for all. Western values are defined as hospitality, commitment to community, pride of place and integrity. These values are central to Calgary’s distinct identity both within our community and around the world.
The Awards recognize individuals and groups who live by these values and in doing so, make differences in their communities. Whether working quietly behind the scenes or in the spotlight; or whether their hard work has affected the whole province, a region, a city, a town, or a single neighbourhood – what these individuals or groups have in common is their community spirit and their dedication to making positive contributions from which other people will benefit.