Western Legacy Awards
The Western Legacy Awards are presented annually by the Western Legacy Awards Committee of the Calgary Stampede to honour individuals and groups who have demonstrated significant achievement in promoting and preserving western values to create a better community for all. Western values are defined as hospitality, commitment to community, pride of place and integrity. These values are central to Calgary’s distinct identity both within our community and around the world.
The Awards recognize individuals and groups who live by these values and in doing so, make differences in their communities. Whether working quietly behind the scenes or in the spotlight; or whether their hard work has affected the whole province, a region, a city, a town, or a single neighbourhood – what these individuals or groups have in common is their community spirit and their dedication to making positive contributions from which other people will benefit.
Nominate someone today!
- Review our Categories and Evaluation document for more information about criteria and how to submit a nomination.
- Select a category
- Sustained Contribution (Group): awarded to an organization or group (of three or more) that has exhibited extraordinary community support over time.
- Sustained Contribution (Individual): awarded to an individual who has exhibited extraordinary community support over time.
- Innovation (Individual): awarded to an individual who has created a single visionary project that reflects to our western values.
- Youth (Individual): awarded to a youth, under the age of 18, who has demonstrated a commitment to making a difference and exhibited western values.
- Submit a nomination by:
The 2016 Western Legacy Awards are on November 17, 2016
Learn more about the exceptional 2015 recipients and past recipients.
A special thank-you to Olson Silver Company, PSAV, Range Road Media, Shaw, Smithbilt Hats and Where Calgary Magazine for their support of the Western Legacy Awards.